‘5 consecutive wins in 7 years’ Busan, Ansan, and run to the lead…K League 2’s 5th consecutive win is a real record in 2 years

K League 2 leader Busan I-Park has won five consecutive games in a row.

The Busan IPark won 2-0 at home against the Ansan Greeners in the 32nd round of the 2023 Hana OneQ K League 2 at Busan Asiad Stadium on April 19.

With the win, Busan extended its winning streak to five games and increased its points to 59 (17 W, 8 D, 5 L). In particular, Pajuk’s five-game winning streak was the first in seven years for the Busan club since 2016. The five-game winning streak is the longest in K League 2 since Gimcheon Sangmu’s five-game winning streak (twice) in the 2021 season.

Busan, who was the sole leader but had a lot to lose, and Ansan, who was in last place (12th) but had nothing to lose. It was an unexpected match for a while. In a pre-match interview, Ansan head coach Lim Kwan-sik emphasized the word “passionate challenger” when he said, “We will show the grit to make it very difficult for our opponents rather than trying to take the lead. He seemed to be unconcerned about wins and losses, as if he wanted to focus on implanting a radically different Ansan style, let alone the pressure of a winless streak in the last six matches (2 draws and 4 losses) and a winless record since he took over (1 draw and 3 losses).

Busan, on the other hand, had a lot to gain. They were in desperate need of three points, not only to extend their club record winning streak, but also to avoid being overtaken by second-place Gimcheon. A goal from Sung Ho-young, who has been on fire lately, would be the icing on the cake. The pressure was on to win or lose, but Ansan’s determination was stronger.바카라사이트

Ansan began to harass Busan with forward pressure from the start of the game, as Lim had emphasized, and in the 11th minute, Jeong Ji-yong struck the left post with a thunderous right-footed shot.

After regrouping, Busan enjoyed a high ball share and pressured Ansan with superior buildup, but could not find a loophole. This was because Ansan was fearless in their rushes and quick in their defense. Busan didn’t really threaten until first-half stoppage time, when Ramas’ hard shot hit the post. At the end of the first half, Ansan led 3-2 in shots on goal with the same four shooters, so it was a successful start for Ansan.

But that was as far as Ansan’s resistance would go. In the second half, Busan, who chose to substitute Pesin instead of letting Sung Ho-young’s back-to-back goals slip away, began to show their true colors. They calmly cornered Ansan, whose pressing intensity had slowed down.

Finally, in the 13th minute of the second half, Ansan took advantage of a gap in the defense in the center. Park Se-jin on the right flank sent a long cross into the space on the other side of the penalty area, and Choi Ji-mook, who attacked like a stealth plane, sent the home fans into a frenzy with an exquisite non-stop shot.

Ansan nearly equalized in the 25th minute when Jeong Ji-yong scored, but the goal was ruled a “yellow card” after video assistant referee (VAR) review. In the play just before the shot, it was determined that Jeong had used his arm to beat defender Lim Min-hyuk.

The call caused chaos on the field. The Ansan coaching staff was shown a red card after strongly protesting, and as soon as play resumed, players from both teams rushed the field in response to a yellow card foul by Ansan’s Kim Bum-soo.

Ansan was upset by the unfair decision and had to lose again. Busan took advantage of their opponent’s confusion and scored an extra goal in the 31st minute. Pesin, who was substituted for Ramas, responded with a picturesque scissor kick.

Having already won the game, Busan made a number of substitutions and found space, and Ansan was satisfied that they didn’t give up until the end.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.